Each year, the Show brings together more than 100 U.S. and international artisans and dealers, including a number of I.G.M.A. Artisans and Fellows. They offer collectors unique, well-crafted 1-inch, 1/2-inch, and 1/4-inch scale miniatures from around the world.

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Exhibit: "Surprise!" by Connie Sauve

Connie Sauve, Stockton, CA exhibited "Surprise!" at the 2013 Good Sam Show. This scene is set in the 1950's and Grandpa is delivering a dollhouse he built for his granddaughter's birthday. The photos are courtesy of Connie Sauve.










"I bought the red metal truck at a HomeGoods store, and aged it. I made the 1:144" scale dollhouse from a Northeastern kit, and landscaped it. The interior of the dollhouse is totally furnished and lights up with tiny LED lights. I also carved the picket fence and gate from scratch. The bike was modern, so I removed all the modern parts, then repainted it to look like an older bike and added a wicker basket I made. I costumed all four of the figures." 

Connie is an IGMA Fellow in Figures (Costuming). She is also the Exhibit Chairman for Good Sam and the Director of the Good Sam Academy of Miniatures (GSAM).

No comments:

Post a Comment