Each year, the Show brings together more than 100 U.S. and international artisans and dealers, including a number of I.G.M.A. Artisans and Fellows. They offer collectors unique, well-crafted 1-inch, 1/2-inch, and 1/4-inch scale miniatures from around the world.

Saturday, July 20, 2013

At the Show - Exhibit

This week's exhibit, the Victorian Hat Shop, is by Polly Morris of Oakland, California. It was displayed at the 2012 Show. A long-time exhibitor at Good Sam, each vignette Polly creates reflects her innate sense of style and great skill. Photos courtesy of Connie Sauve, Exhibit Chairman.

"When my friend Barbara made hats for her Bespaq hat vanity, I was inspired," Polly says. "I remembered an old milliner's shop close to where I worked. I tried to recreate the feel of those faded hats in the window, trimmed with ancient silk roses and velvet leaves." In 1:12 scale, the Victorian Hat shop is 18-inches wide, by 18-inches deep, and 20-inches tall.








No comments:

Post a Comment