Each year, the Show brings together more than 100 U.S. and international artisans and dealers, including a number of I.G.M.A. Artisans and Fellows. They offer collectors unique, well-crafted 1-inch, 1/2-inch, and 1/4-inch scale miniatures from around the world.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

At the Show - Exhibit

This week's exhibit is "Daddy's Little Workshop." It was built in 1991 by Connie Sauve, Good Sam Exhibit Chairman. Exhibited in the past at Good Sam, photos are courtesy of Connie Sauve.

"My Dad is a carpenter, and in 1986 we built my dollhouse out of 3/8" Birch Plywood, patterned after a Greenleaf Garfield house (with a few alterations). In 1991, I decided to make him an old fashioned carpentry shop for Christmas. I thought it would remind him of the fun time we had building my dollhouse together."










"I built from scratch, a replica of my dollhouse in approximately 1/144" scale. I took measurements from my full-size dollhouse and drew up the plans on 1/8" graph paper. The house is made from tiny wood clapboard siding and there is also fish scale shingles on the roof. I built the scene inside an antique shotgun shell wood box. I also love rocking horses so I decided to include one as another in-progress project. The tools are by Sir Thomas Thumb and the rocking horse is by Karen Lowe."

No comments:

Post a Comment