Each year, the Show brings together more than 100 U.S. and international artisans and dealers, including a number of I.G.M.A. Artisans and Fellows. They offer collectors unique, well-crafted 1-inch, 1/2-inch, and 1/4-inch scale miniatures from around the world.

Saturday, April 6, 2013

At the Show - Exhibit

The "Tudor Rose Cottage" was displayed at the 2012 Good Sam Show. It was created by Connie Sauve, the Exhibit Chairman. It is a charming little 1:12 scale Storybook cottage with a fairytale quality about it. She brought it to life in a very artistic and skilled manner.

"I started this cottage in 2005, right before I was diagnosed with breast cancer," Connie says. "Working on the cottage every Wednesday at the local mini shop helped me get through the whole cancer process, so I call it my therapy house. I filled the cottage with a lot of things I love, giving it an eclectic feeling. The cottage is made from scratch, and I also made the artist figure." Photos provided by Connie.












No comments:

Post a Comment